Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Good Old Ways

In times like these, I'm even more adamant about getting back to the good old ways. You know, the ways our grandmas did it. Back to the basics. Down home values, thriftiness, things homemade and life centered around family. Those are the things that really reflect who I am and what I strive to be.

In all honesty, if we had the land, I'd probably strive to be as self sufficient as possible. I'm not about to be milking a cow (although that would be fun), but raising chickens for eggs and having a huge garden would be awesome! But, alas, we don't have land for all of that and let's face it, chicken poop stinks! lol. In the mean time, I can do what I can with what we have and that's what I'm trying to do. So, I do believe this will become my everything blog. I'll blog about my craftiness and about doing things the frugal, thrifty way and getting back to the basics. If any of this interests you, please feel free to follow along. I'm not sharing anything that your grandma or great grandma would be surprised about, I'm sure, but maybe we'll learn some new things together.

No comments:

Post a Comment