Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Cleaning Recipes: Counter Stains

For those stubborn stains that you can sometimes get on your counters, especially if your unlucky like us and have very light colored counters, I have found a great concoction to get them out. For instance, I've had a stubborn rust colored stain on my counter from a pan that was left sitting over night. I could have gotten the stain out the next day, but life gets ya busy, ya know?

To get the stain out, put some dish soap on it first and smear it all over the stain. Next rub in some baking soda and make a paste of the two. Next, pour on the alcohol and then vinegar. use your scrubbing brush to scrub it in and let it sit. You don't have to let it sit, because it does come out after only a minute or two of scrubbing, but if you have other things to do then you can let it sit and go back to it. It gets the stain out like new!

I have also used this on a wooden table to get marker off. I would just not let it sit on it long.

No comments:

Post a Comment